PERMISSION TO SHOOT VISUALS OF DETROIT
FROM THE VANTAGE POINT OF THE DETROIT PEOPLE MOVER
Each request requires documentation for location use within the City of Detroit. Specifically, the Detroit Transportation Corporation (DTC) grants clearance within five to seven business days upon the approval of all forms and submission of additional paperwork.
The “Location Use Form” (see attachment) and “Insurance Liability Form” (see attachment) must be returned to our office. In addition, a written request on company letterhead must be submitted which details the following:
- A brief background on your company
- The nature of the work your company has been hired to complete;
- Physical Location: which Detroit People Mover station(s) will be required for your filming;
- The proposed filming date, time and duration needed;
- Any special logistical details needed (i.e. loading of the camera equipment/crew, parking, police requirements, etc.)
- Contact names and numbers of the principal Producers/Directors. Student filmmakers should contact the Marketing Department for more information.
A location spec sheet and a Certificate of Liability Insurance naming the DTC as the insured for General Liability must also be provided.
Filming which includes the rental, occupancy, or exclusive use of DPM trains and/or stations must submit a “Work Authorization Permit” (WAP) (see attachment). Permit holders must observe all safety precautions and adhere to conditions determined by DTC Transit Police and personnel which will not obstruct vehicle or passenger movement. Access is limited to public areas and not permitted in restricted locations. Fee structure will be determined upon submission of the request. Additional information may be requested for clearance.
You may fax this information to 1-313-224-2134, Attn. Marketing.
Students must have written approval from their instructor for the assignment or project.
Questions? Please call the DTC Marketing Division at 313-224-2160 for more information.